SecuGen's USB fingerprint readers are made with the industry's most rugged and advanced optical sensors.
SecuGen Hamster Plus is the improved version of SecuGen's popular and versatile fingerprint reader product line, with Auto-On and Smart Capture. Packaged in a comfortable, ergonomic design, the Hamste....
SecuGen Hamster Plus is the improved version of SecuGen's popular and versatile fingerprint reader product line, with Auto-On and Smart Capture. Packaged in a comfortable, ergonomic design, the Hamster Plus features the industry's most rugged and advanced optical sensor using patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology.
Auto-On is an Automatic Finger Placement Detection technology that automatically checks for the presence of a finger. When used with Auto-On-compatible software*, the Hamster Plus will turn on and scan your finger as soon as you touch the sensor - all without having to prompt the system.
Smart Capture ensures quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers. By automatically adjusting the brightness of the sensor, Smart Capture allows the Hamster Plus to capture high quality fingerprints from a wide range of traditionally difficult fingers, including those from dry, wet, scarred or aged skin, and even in bright ambient conditions such as under direct sunlight.
SecuGen Hamster Plus can be used for authentication, identification and verification functions that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen. Check with your software provider to ensure that the software works with Auto-On.
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Auto-On (Automatic Finger Placement Detection)
- Smart Capture (Self-Adjusting Fingerprint Brightness)
- USB connection
- Removable weighted stand
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- Integrated finger guide
- Readily accessible for any finger
When used with SecuGen Software:
- Fast and accurate verification
- Latent print image removal (does not accept prints left behind)
- Encryption of fingerprint templates (cannot be used to reconstruct fingerprint images)
- Fingerprint Device Recognition (via Programmable Serial Number)
- Multi-Device Connection (via Programmable Serial Number)
Benefits of Using SecuGen Peripherals
SecuGen peripherals are easy to use and can be installed quickly on any Windows PC. Backed by the industry's best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen peripherals provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of software applications for desktop, network, enterprise and Internet environments.
When used for biometric authentication as part of an overall security program, SecuGen peripherals can help reduce the hassles of password overload, decrease the risks of security breaches, improve accountability and add true non-repudiation, all while making it more convenient and intuitive for almost any user.
Examples of security applications include:
- Personal computer/workstation security
- Network/enterprise security
- Internet content security
- B2B transactions
- Electronic transactions
- Bank and financial systems
- Medical information systems Any password-based application
Sign up to Newsletter
...and receive updates on offers and promos.